Momentive scientists have developed advanced coupling agent technology between resins and minerals, fillers or fiber reinforcements. As a result, Momentive offers a diverse portfolio of various brands or grades of our silane coupling agents that may help improve:
- Resiliency of insulation batts
- Wet strength retention
- Thermal and electrical properties
- Integrity, protection and handling of reinforcing fibers
- Composite strength and toughness
- Abrasion resistance
- Rolling resistance, traction and wear
Processing characteristics of our advanced coupling agents may lead to higher efficiencies and lower costs in manufacturing. Improved shelf stability, greater rheology control, better filler dispersion, fewer mixing steps and faster cure - all are benefits to our coupling agent customers and can help to improve their bottom lines. Further, some of our coupling agents are especially environmentally advantageous, offering low VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions, virtually eliminating ethanol release during processing and when mineral-reinforced rubber products are used, or providing halogen-free flame retardancy (HFFR).
Momentive's silane brand families, such as Silquest,* e-free* and NXT* silanes, offer our customers the potential to enhance end-product performance and/or lower overall costs by reducing the amount of agent required to achieve desired performance levels.
Momentive's coupling agents may serve effectively wherever superior bonds between inorganic substrates and organic polymers are desired, including:
- Shoe soles
- Wire and cable products
- Belts and hoses
- Fiber-reinforced composites and insulation
- Filled polymer resin applications
* Silquest, e-free and NXT are trademarks of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.